Sunday, January 17, 2010

January in North Carolina

This week was a little crazy. But really, what week isn't a little crazy in the life of a teacher. It was the last week before the end of the term, so students were restless, anxious, and raucous as ever. In fact, I had a student fly off the handle and tell me I had a "f***ing attitude" and that I could "f*** off". As you can imagine, by the end of the week we all needed a break - which is exactly what we're getting, thanks to Martin Luther King Jr. We don't have school tomorrow, and Tuesday and Wednesday are both teacher work days, so it's a 5-day weekend from our kids. Woo hoo!

In other news, we're loving January in North Carolina. It has reached the low 60's for the last 3 days, and Friday after school we dusted off the bikes we haven't used since moving here and took a nice little ride. It was beautiful.

This week was also exciting because we booked a couple of summer trips for ourselves. We had already booked a trip to Europe in June, and this week we added a 2-week trip to Utah in early July and a Boston/New England trip in August. We figure we ought to take advantage of these paid summer vacations (and the fact that we don't have children), because after teaching and after kids, things will just never be the same.

We love you all. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking (on the travel part).

    Yo kids got some language. And Norma thought that I was bad when I said the word "damn" on facebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete