Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break!



What a week we've had. Starting with Josie coming to visit, then Herm and Norma flying in from Utah, a trip to the beach and oh so much more. The biggest of the big was the fact that we had a break from all of our adorable students for a week. They're so adorable.

Our Spring Break was filled with many a fun thing, not the least of which was seeing that my sister is all grown up (she defended her master's thesis a few days ago, and was frantically working to prepare for that event while visiting us), and that my parents haven't changed a wit since we moved to North Carolina. Dad still does his old man version of push-ups and sit-ups every night, watches TV on mute until he stumbles upon a movie - any movie - in black and white, and never fails to wear his white gym shoes with pleaded khakis and a polo shirt. Mom still carries around a bag of black licorice candy, checks her facebook account whenever possible, and falls asleep the second she gets into a car. On top of all that, they both still make me proud to be their son. They're a wonderful pair, and I've been blessed to have them as my parents. Here are some photo highlights. Until next week, farewell!

DAD RUNNING FROM THE WATER LIKE A CUTE OLD MAN


CURRITUCK ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE, NC





CAPE HATTERAS LIGHTHOUSE, NC



MINI-GOLFING IN KITTY HAWK



WRIGHT BROTHERS FIRST FLIGHT MONUMENT




KAYAKING IN THE ALLIGATOR RIVER WILDLIFE REFUGE






RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA LDS TEMPLE



2 comments:

  1. Hey that "cute old man" could school you in handball! I actually was laughing at your description of your folks. I never realized your dad always wears pleasted khakis with his tennies but he does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures of a fabulous week. For the record, I only have Snaps in my purse when I'm on vacation, I seemed anxious to check facebook because we could only do it once a day, and you're right about sleeping in a moving car. I've always been pretty good at that. You were wonderful (and I mean WONDERFUL) hosts and we love you soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete