Sunday, June 20, 2010

Europe Week 1

Well, we've only been in Europe for 4 days and we've already had plenty of adventures. Far too many adventures to share with you now on limited internet time with extreme jet-lag still plaguing us on a daily basis.

To sum it up very briefly, I almost got ran over by a car just minutes after landing in Dublin. Weirdest thing: they drive on the wrong side of the road here. Silly Europeans. We saw the Northern coast of Ireland, and yes, it is as green and beautiful as you could possibly imagine. We spent the majority of yesterday afternoon picking our jaws off the ground while we toured castles, ruins, and the greenest coast God ever made.

After 3 wonderful days in Ireland with sister Mandy and brother-in-law Bryan, we headed to London, which is where we currently are. We've only been here a day, but have already seen the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St. Pauls Cathedral, and the inside of a pay toilet. Pretty amazing stuff. Also, I'm constantly tempted to bust out my Irish/British/Scottish accent (it all kind of blurs into one). Dangerous, right? I'm just waiting for myself to slip up and get punched in the face by a drunk Brit bitter about England's rubbish performance at the World Cup.

Anyway, that's all for now.  So much happening.  So much to come.  Including pictures that will make you jealous.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, pull out the accent. They love it over there. It'll be a big hit.
    (let me know how it goes :).
    Also, I'm jealous. I wish I could go back soon. It sounds amazing. How are the suitcases fitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland...now England. What's next? I'm excited to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, the suitcases worked fine. Easyjet didn´t even check which was kind of annoying seeing how paranoid we were about it. Anyway, all´s well. Also...I pulled out the accent and it was AMAZING.

    Amber, we´re now in Barcelona for our last stop. We get home Wednesday when we´ll begin the long and arduous task of posting some pics for you. Hang tight. You won´t be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete