Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home at Last


Sweet Moses it feels good to be back.

Don't get me wrong, Europe was incredible and Utah was amazing, but anyone who has lived out of their suitcase for a month straight knows that it's a taxing affair. And oh the joy it was to come home and sleep in our bed. We actually napped for 5 hours on the day we got home, then slept in till noon the next day. I think we were "traveled out", if there is such a thing.

After awaking from our temporary sleep coma, I got a phone call from the stake presidency instructing me to be early for church today. You know where this is going, right? So anyway, you're talking to the new Elder's Quorum President/High Priest Group Leader (they just combine the priesthood bodies here on account of it being a branch. I'm sure that won't be time-consuming or challenging at all, right? Especially when school starts.

All is well here in North Carolina, where Celeste and I will enjoy a relatively carefree lifestyle for the next couple of weeks before we head to Boston/Maine for our anniversary. But when we return, it'll be all nose to the grindstone from there. Another school year lurks beyond the horizon. I can feel it in the water...

4 comments:

  1. CELESTE!! I stumbled upon your blog from Ambers....so glad I found you. Looks like you guys are having a blast. We are off to Europe in October we may need some advice from you guys. So glad to see you doing so awesome. My blog is curtandheath.blogspot.com I haven't updated in a while ;) my email is shattuck.h@gmail.com I actually do check that. Ha ha. Shoot me and email I would love to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Jackson (and Celeste!), that's quite a calling!

    ReplyDelete