Teaching is a battlefield of the mind. You've got to find ways to keep the students engaged and invested in their education. If you don't, the streets will provide a Cornucopia of illegal alternatives.
So as a teacher, I've always tried to keep my material fresh, even when it comes to topics seemingly booky like the Gettysburg Address. How does one get a gang member to give a flying crap about Lincoln's tribute to a blood-soaked battlefield?
Speak their language.
I'm speechless.....that was amazing. I love it! What a cool thing to do for your students, that must've taken so much time and practice. I never had a teacher like rap for me...
ReplyDeleteWord!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! It's not Miranda, but it's a good time nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteThat was amazing! What a rad teacher!
ReplyDeleteYou da bomb jack.
ReplyDeleteJackson, Russ and I love this video so much. As a fellow teacher, it's inspiring to see someone work hard to create something the kids can really relate to and appreciate. Well done!
ReplyDeleteThat's my man!
ReplyDelete