With Spring upon us, schedules around here have become pretty hectic. Both Jackson and I are coaching a sport this season with Jackson returning to baseball for his second season for HMS and I am embarking on a new adventure as an assistant coach to my high school track team. Practice is every day after school, and we now never get home until after 6:00. That may not sound too late, but it makes me exhausted.

For those of you who know me well, are aware that I am nowhere near qualified to be a track coach, but don't tell my athletes. For all they know I was a champ at regionals, when in all honesty the last time I ran track was in middle school. I vaguely remember trailing behind all the other kids while running the 800 and 1600, awkwardly jumping the triple jump and being too chicken to try to high jump. Luckily, I was a swimmer in high school, and some of the workouts follow similar routines, and since I coach the medium and long distance runners the real trick is just making them run. A lot. The other assistant coach (shout-out to Claire!) and I mostly just make stuff up, and since the head coach hasn't said anything to the contrary, we must be doing okay.
Jackson's first game is on Tuesday. They are hoping for improvement from last year's record - I believe they only won one game... It kind of reminds me of Aggie football, they have the opportunity to double or triple their wins and the fans will have something to brag about. I'll take some pictures/video and hopefully have something to post in the coming weeks.
Our team doesn't have a meet until mid-March (we can use all the time we can get!), but I'll keep you posted.
Track? I had no idea. Good luck to both of you with your teams.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! You crack me up, Celeste. I hope you both take state!... or whatever. :)
ReplyDeleteCeleste and the triple jump? UH-mazing!
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember you training for a sprint triathlon that had some running in it. No experience? Please. You're a sprint triathlete for pete's sake.
ReplyDelete