The day after returning from Casey's wedding I was whisked away to Mayo Reservoir to spend four days camping with around 60 girls between the ages of 12 and 18. I spend the week avoiding bugs, singing songs, swimming in the lake, hiking and playing games in the moonlight with my 8 Henderson Branch Young Women. I was fortunate to have an energetic assistant and some fun-loving girls.
Being in charge of girls camp for a ward or branch is usually a dreaded calling - filled with months of stress, planning and constant encouragement for sometimes reluctant campers. While I did have some planning, a little stress, and some not so happy campers, I really enjoyed being at camp in charge of my little flock. I was fortunate to know most of my campers fairly well before camp started - with two of them being students of mine all year at school. The younger campers really had a ball and they all had some great experiences that have them looking forward to camp next year!
Paige and Makayla - I taught them both Earth Science and Spanish this year!
This little dog tagged around camp all week
When the girls lost something, they had to sing this magical song to get it back. Both of our first year campers are in white t-shirts on the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment