Featured below is a makeshift slideshow of my first day at work on Capitol Hill. Overall, it was a great day and I learned a lot. I talked to a lot of constituents (only 10% of which were mildly insane), learned the ropes of the Senator's office, and worked the mail room like no tomorrow.
Enjoy.
This is a car that my host is letting me borrow. I drive it to the metro station and then commute from there. Not bad, eh??
A shot of the Capitol Building in the morning. Literally a stone's throw from us.
My place of employment.
My stupid excited face as I approach the office.
The man, the myth, the legend.
The Capitol's rotunda.
Original Kennedy family photograph. The office is full of this kind of priceless memorabilia.
My sweet security clearance card. Check me out! I've got a badge!
The white marble, elitist toilet.
On my way home.
It might as well say, "candy store."
Just walking to the metro.
Last stop before home.I love you all,
Jackson
Don't you love D.C.? These pictures are great. I'm so excited that you get to have this opportunity. We miss you!
ReplyDelete