Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our DC Slideshow

Hello, everyone. We are sad to say that our time in DC has expired, and that shortly we'll be heading to Chicago for our intense teacher training and student teaching. Woo hoo!

So, just for your enjoyment, we've compiled a long and boring slideshow of a bunch of pictures we've taken over the last couple of weeks, each one equipped with it's own witty caption. Enjoy!

The Capitol from the CVC (Capitol Visitors Center). And that's it. I can't think of anything witty to add.

A very rainy rain storm. I mean, look at all that rain!

The Capitol from the roof of the Russell Senate Office building. I had to hurry up and take this picture because there are snipers on the roofs. Hence the less-than-perfect framing.

Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, meeting with members of Congress in gorgeous beige pantsuit.

Okay, this painting is in the Smithsonian, people. Stephen Colbert...in the Smithsonian. The plaque next to the painting stated: "A gift from Stephen Colbert".

"But I don't want to be a pirate!"
The Jerry Seinfeld "puffy shirt" on display at the Museum of American History.

Shopping at Trader Joe's. I know, you're all jealous.

Us at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Celeste refused to take a good picture.

Yep. That guy.

Just before doing a session at the DC Temple. I know what you're all thinking. And the answer is yes, I have been gaining weight.

The Jefferson Memorial nestled comfortably against the Potomac River.

"The Caped Crusader"
-Celeste

Nice pic, Celeste!

1 comment:

  1. Trader Joe's - Steven Colbert??? I'm so jealous! How hilarious that he is in the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete