All of the above is both saddening and crazy. But perhaps even crazier is the fact that Celeste and I were actually walking to the Holocaust Museum so that she could see it for the first time when police cars, helicopters, and even the FBI Bomb Squad sped past us to the scene of the crime. We were only blocks away, but by the time we got there, the entire area was blocked off with police tape.
Adrian Fenty, the Mayor of Washington, DC (he's the one in the khaki suit), speaking to the press in the wake of the shooting.It's scary to think how close we came to being in the middle of a massacre. I mean, really. We so often pray for safety without really thinking about it. This is going to sound cliche, but before we left the house this morning, we prayed for safety on our way. Either it's a big coincidence, or God really does answer prayers.
We're going to pray for safety again tomorrow seeing as we're going back to the Holocaust Museum. You never know when lightning is going to strike the same place twice.
We're going to pray for safety again tomorrow seeing as we're going back to the Holocaust Museum. You never know when lightning is going to strike the same place twice.

For the full story, check out:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/10/dc.museum.shooting.suspect/index.html
I seriously have chills from this story! I'm so glad you guys are safe! I heard this story then saw on facebook you guys were close by! SCARY!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, when Jason and I were watching the news yesterday and this story came on I thought about calling you guys to see whether you were anywhere near this when it happened. I am so glad you guys are okay! That is so scary.
ReplyDeleteWow. You are right! God does answer prayers. We are relieved that you had not made it to the museum.
ReplyDeletep.s. for sure go back. I loved it.