Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sick as Dogs

If you were to walk into our front door right now, you'd see Celeste lying on the couch in her pink polka-dotted bath robe and her black stretchy pants. Surrounding her is a garbage bag, empty cups of herbal tea, discarded Dayquil packages, and an army of used tissues. It's not a pretty sight.

Celeste got decent for the photo shoot.

And while Celeste is in the thick of a sickness bubonic in nature, I have only just escaped from its coughy, achy, soar-throaty grip. We each missed a week of church, and we each missed two days of school. I could have probably used three days. I know this because on the day that I came back to school, a colleague walked in my room to tell me about an upcoming field trip. Our conversation went something like this:

"Hey Mr. Olsen. How you doin'?"

"Not great, Miller. But I'm here."

"Well, you look like sh*#. I'm just going to throw that out there."

"Thanks, Miller. Thanks."

Me, giving up on life.

Now, while the last seven days have been anything but a parade of puppies, but we're hopeful and optimistic going into this week. On Tuesday, we'll be driving 11 hours to Tampa, Florida where we'll be spending the holiday weekend with the extended Olsen family. We can hardly wait. This 70-degree weather has gotten a little too brisk.

How we feel.

5 comments:

  1. Please bless you guys are coming to Logan during the Christmas season. I'm having Celeste withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Sadly we are not coming to Logan for Christmas, nor Utah for that matter. We've been 3 times already this year. However, I just officially gave your husband his birthday present, which was our permission to come and visit us in NC. It's official! Come on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, sorry you have been sick. That just shows how connected we really are, because I've been sick along with you! Yep, it's love. I'm still fighting my illness, and the weather here isn't helping. Can I move in with y'all? (See, I even know the lingo). Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving holiday, and tell the other Olsens thatI love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, you are welcome any time. You can even bring those three little ones who live with you. I hope you are feeling better, because we finally are. The weather does help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,

    I am also going through withdrawals. I was reading your blog and feeling lonesome inside. Your house really does look amazing - are you living there yet? How is school. We should actually talk or something and catch up!

    ReplyDelete