Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Years and Counting

This weekend, Celeste and I decided to throw caution to the wind, and with only a week and a half before school starts, we escaped to Charleston, SC to enjoy our anniversary weekend. Yes, we've been married for 2 years now, and we both agree that it's the best decision we've ever made. We're happier now than we've ever been, and we plan on saying that at the end of every year.

Way too much happened in Charleston to recap the entire trip, so I'll just say that we had a very enjoyable time, complete with beautiful sandy beaches, breathtaking architecture, fascinating history, and many happy reunions with converts and members from my mission (Sunday was the "mission" day, seeing as we weren't about to go shopping or swimming. So instead we just visited a handful of old friends). I've included some photos for y'all to enjoy:

So cute, right?

Orangeburg, SC, at the public garden of roses (Orangeburg was my last area).

Sarah Buggs, my most devoted convert. Sarah regularly attended the temple until her cancer returned. She is still as stalwart as ever, and has an unshakable testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Charleston's skyline from our balcony. They call it "The Holy City".

A horse-drawn carriage in downtown.

The Angel Oak, estimated to be over 1,500 years old. I won a photo contest in 2007 thanks to this baby.

Another shot of the Angel Oak.

Celeste as her usual camera-hungry self, found here at Folly Beach. The water was so warm we dang near jumped in with our clothes on.

Still at Folly Beach.

The Morris Island Lighthouse, located at the mouth of the Charleston Harbor.

Us at Battery Park. We are literally the cutest couple ever...literally.

P.S. Celeste and I both start our New Teacher Orientation training tomorrow morning. The school year is nearly upon us! Crazy! We'll tell you all about it next week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and the fact that you got to spend time with Celeste in South Carolina! Sarah Buggs looks so good. She is an inspiration! You are a beautiful couple and I am thrilled that, first of all, you married, and second of all, that you were able to celebrate with a trip to your happy place. You are loved and missed in Logan!!!

    ReplyDelete