Hey y'all.
I'm kind of frustrated right now because I spent the last hour or more trying to upload a video onto this here blog that gave you a grand tour of our apartment and such. It was a beautiful video, and I was making witty comments left and right. How depressing.
Well, that aside, the big news of the day is that school starts in less than 48 hours. Crazy, eh? Tuesday morning, bright and early, our students will file into our respective classrooms, and then it's game time. We've spent so much time preparing for that moment, it's hard to believe it has actually arrived. Scary and exciting.
For those of you who don't already know, Celeste is teaching science and Spanish at Northern Vance High School, which is only about 5 minutes from my school, Henderson Middle School. I'm teaching 8th grade social studies, which mostly consists of US History. I know, you're jealous. In addition to teaching, I'm also the new assistant coach of the HMS football team. Last year we were undefeated region champions, so with me on board we'll probably win the Super Bowl or something. Time will tell.
Other exciting news: Celeste and I both received our callings today (our FIRST callings, I should say. The Branch President has reminded us that we'll probably have several). Celeste was called to be a Primary teacher, and I was called to be the Primary pianist. I know, mom, you always told me this would happen. Anyway, we're enjoying our Branch, and are meeting some wonderful, very Southern people.
That's about it. We don't even have any pictures to share this week. I'll try this video thing again. Until next time, take care and God bless!
I love your new life in the South together. Living far away from family is good for a marriage too (not that you needed any help in that department...but it's true). I hope school goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my hell. Am I the only one making comments on this thing?
ReplyDelete