Sunday, August 30, 2009

Looking Back at Week 1

This picture has two purposes: first, it demonstrates our utter exhaustion after our first week of teaching, as displayed by the napping (We went to bed at 9pm on Friday night). Secondly, it shows off our fancy new bedroom furniture. Woo hoo!


Well, folks, we did it. We survived the first week of school, which wasn't as easy as it may sound. While we didn't have to go "Michelle Pfeifer" on any of our students (you know, Dangerous Minds and all that), we did have a few incidents and face-offs that assuredly reminded us of the challenging year we have ahead of us. While we'll spare you from the explicit details of those face-offs (mostly for the sake of our loving and concerned parents), suffice it to say that we were sent to our respective schools for a reason. These schools have been and are struggling in every aspect of education, and will continue to do so unless dramatic changes are made.

Enter: us.

Okay, I'm joking about the "enter: us" part, but everything else I'm being dead serious about. Now, I meant to take some pictures of our schools and classrooms this week so y'all could see what they look like, but we just got so busy that I didn't even think about it until yesterday. Those pics will have to wait, but enjoy these in the meantime:



Well, that about does it for now. There's actually loads of other stuff I could mention, but our time is as short as it is valuable, so until next week, farewell!

1 comment:

  1. It took me 10 years to get a bedroom set like that! Way to go. Me likey.

    Perhaps if I sent you Wade's old black leather jacket you'd get more street cred around there? That would be soooo Michelle Pfeiffer of you. As a bonus: you would look like an 80's dork.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete